Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday, Sunday...

I know John's sick of hearing me sniffle, sneeze, hack, moan and whine -- allergies are kicking the everlovin' crap out of me this week. However, today I'm feeling a smidge better, can actually breath through my nose off and on, and don't sound like I'm breathing through a soggy washcloth.

My imagination, creativity and energy has completely fled the building, so I've spent numerous hours either asleep, reading, or watching tv. I totally don't get the whole March Madness thing, even after trying to catch Ohio State in one of their games earlier this week. I miss my football!

After finishing up my TBR Challenge book earlier this week, I'm stuck on picking out what to read next. I see that April's suggestion is a paranormal or urban fantasy book, and I've got tons of those to choose from! But I'm just not in the mood for that type of read right now. For review, I'm on Melanie Jackson's DIVINE FANTASY (ironically, a paranormal), and despite my initial hesitation with it involving ghouls and shapeshifters, it's actually plugging along quite nicely. Now to pick out a "fun read". It's not as if I don't have anything to read at all, and I seriously need to get cooking on reading! I think for March I've read 1 1/2 to 2 books tops.

Off to attempt fixing dinner... chicken capri parmigiano tonight. A riff on classic chicken parm. Oh! And Pioneer Woman had a recipe up yesterday for Peach Crisp with Maple Cream Sauce. Since I don't have any peaches, I'm going to try this recipe later on this week with the blackberries I have in the freezer. Total yum!

No comments: