Thursday, December 4, 2008

We'll Be Home For Christmas...

Wow, it's been ten years this year since I've seen my family during the holidays. So, since I have the whole week of Christmas off (first time evah since college!), I'm packing up John and Baron and we're headed to Ohio to spend the week at my mom's. That's right, that means that there will be no Christmas tree for us this year, but we will finish putting up the outdoor lights. I've seriously been struggling with a decision as to whether or not to do it, but then I got to thinking that this could be my last chance where I have an entire week like this to spend with my family for Christmas. I'd probably never be able to live with myself if I didn't take advantage of it.

I think John's happy with my decision. He's kind of adopted my family as his own, and I think he's actually looking forward to spending time amidst our zaniness while we carry on with some of our traditions - beef burgundy on Christmas Eve, unwrapping a present or two that same night, coffee and breakfast on Christmas morning, and this year, hopefully just relaxing in front of the fireplace. I also plan on taking him to Oglebay Park to view the Festival of Lights, which I haven't seen in FOREVER. Miles and miles of privately-funded Christmas lights and decorations of all shapes, sizes, and colors. Maybe even the Steifel Museum will have their doll house display up that my grandmother used to take me to see each year as a kid. Wow, memories...

Yeah, this year, Christmas is going to be good for us...

1 comment:

Jace said...

Ten years!!! That's a long time to be away from home for Christmas! I'm glad you, John and Baron are going to be with family this year. :-)