Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Allergy Ramblings

As I usually do when I don't have anything earth-shattering or enlightening to wax on about, I haven't done a damned thing to update the blog since last week.  Yeah, I suck.  That's not to say that I've not been skimming blog posts here and there, and trying to comment when I can.  The news of Fatin's recent tragedy really struck home this past week, and all I can say is that it breaks my heart to see such a wonderful person have to suffer something like this.  Thoughts and prayers for her and her beautiful family, indeed.

In my neck of the woods, the plague has hit.  Allergies and/or a nasty spring cold have taken me hostage and I'm currently trying to fight it off with every OTC drug in my arsenal:  Benadryl, Afrin, Hall's cough drops, Zyrtec, Sudafed daytime sinus medication, and Alka-Seltzer Cold and Sinus.  Damnit, I haven't been sick in well over a year (if you don't count my surgery), so this sucks big hairy donkey balls.

Tomorrow is the date for March's TBR Challenge, so today I plan on finishing up my read and whipping out a review, as long as I don't fall into an Alka-Seltzer-induced coma.  The book I chose is one I've had since it's release in 2005, and initially I thought I hadn't read this particular author's books before, but I was wrong.  Oh well -- it's still been collecting dust in my TBR and has now finally been unearthed for my enjoyment.  It's a contemporary, so if I can remember throughout the year, I may impose my own personal challenge to read more of this variety.

I finally finished a book on the Nook!  So it was a short story -- who cares?  My rules, so it counts towards the tally.  I read Love Is Murder by Allison Brennan last night and while this quickie didn't indulge my inner sickie as much as her books usually do, I'm all ready to dive into the Lucy Kincaid series and gork out on suspense.

On the same subject -- I adore my Nook.  I never thought I'd take to it as much as I have and have really enjoyed adding books to it, ones that I've only read reviews for and even reissues I'd never get my hands on unless I had an ereader.  Last week I was able to buy/download KT Grant/Katiebabs' For the Love of Mollie, one I've heard many many good things about.  Also this morning, BN.com had a freebie download by Lori Bright, Wild Desire, the sequel to Wild Heart.

See, this is why I haven't been getting any reading done -- I always find a way to spend more time online and skip around the blogs.  Toodles!       

  

1 comment:

Wendy said...

When I was originally coming up with themes for the TBR Challenge I thought, "Oh, new-to-you-author. That'll be an easy one!" Ha! It took me forever to finally settle on something from my TBR.