Saturday, November 1, 2008

Found It!

I put the Ronda Thompson book aside to read HALLOWE'EN HUSBANDS once I found it last night. And now I'm almost through with the first story in it by Lisa Plumley. Kinda cute story, but one of my least favorite things a character can do in a book is "change" the other person. See, Rose has had a crush on Will Gavigan, the grunt man in her father's traveling medicine show, for a while now. And since Rose is sooo vanilla, she knows that there is no hope of her catching his attention other than being the boss's daughter. But when Rose meets Mrs. Brown, an eccentric, mysterious woman attempting to cross the creek close to their camp, she learns from a master how to catch a man's eye and attention. Sweet story, but I can't help but think that Rose is manipulating Will in a way by trying to "make him" fall in love with her, or am I thinking this too hard?

No comments: