Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Favorite TV Station During Hurricane Season

And this is how coastal folks spend their time during hurricane season -- glued to The Weather Channel and Jim Cantori. But mostly to Jim Cantori... heh

I may be an hour or so inland, but I do watch a LOT of news from the months of August to November. John and I consider ourselves hurricane afficianados, even though I, personally, have not been through a huge storm -- thank God. When I was in high school and the area I live in now was affected hugely by Hugo, to us Yankees it was only a "storm". To the people in this part of South Carolina, which I call home now, it changed their lives. To this day, they don't take a hurricane - or even the threat of one - lightly. Hugo killed a lot of people's nonchalance about Mother Nature and what She can do, and now those poor people in LA and the gulf states are reaping the destruction. My thoughts and prayers are that Gustave goes far, far away. And now my hopes go to this side of the Atlantic that may see yet another bitch -- Hanna.

*sigh* I love fall, but I love to hate hurricane season...

1 comment:

Allison said...

I love the weather channel and Jim too!! Tornados in the spring and hurricans in the fall...horrible things but they facinate me!! Glad to see I am not the only 'weather channel' devotee!! :-)