Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Howdy, Folks!

So it seems the Corner has become a ghost town, eh?  I mean, seriously, who begins a blog and posts in random spurts, some weeks only once and then goes almost three weeks without any word whatsoever?  Well, *raising hand*, that would be me.  Your reluctantly random blogger, moi.  Ah well...

Tonight I'm taking a break from a crazed reading frenzy -- seriously, I finished one book earlier today and started another one right up (Review Boss will be so proud!  TLC has Cake Boss, I have Review Boss) -- to troll some of my fave blogs and see what's happening out there in Blog o'verse.  I've found one of the neatest blogs that directs its readers where to score inexpensive, oftentimes free, ebooks for your Kindle, Nook, or whatever device you have.  Books on the Knob is where I scored two of my latest ebooks for Veronica (my aptly named Nook), one of which is a book that I've been contemplating paying full price for before the sequel comes out, Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning.  It's actually free at Barnes and Noble's website, as well as other sites for those supported readers!  Since I'm a Nook user -- cha ching!  I'm guessing this is in anticipation of the next book in the series, Rock Hard, which was supposed to have come out this month.

(Novak, scoring a victory for my heart)
While I'd gotten into NCAA basketball for a shortlived while (basically that stopped once the $%^&^ing Kentucky Wildcats stopped my beloved Buckeyes' bid for the championship (bastards)), sports has pretty much dried up for me.  Unless it's tennis, and then I'm all over these early tournaments.  My latest fave eyecandy, Novak Djokovic, has been tearing up the courts and is this season's Hottest Player.  As a redblooded aficionado of fine male physiques, can I get an Amen?  I need a moment...

And I'm back!  Sorry, I needed a second -- but when your eyes meet this hotness, it's hard to compose yourself.  Or maybe it's just that way for me...

I'll be back later this week with hopefully a couple reviews, a March recap of what I read, and the titillating details of my endeavor to find The Perfect Book for April's TBR Challenge.  Stay tuned, folks!



                  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome back, Ames!