Saturday, June 13, 2009

I Love A Rainy Night

Things around here came to a standstill due to the horrendous three days I spent working at the hospital, so my weekend commenced today when I woke up at 3pm and felt like I'd been hit by a truck. A large truck. Is it possible I'm getting old? It used to be working three 12-hour shifts in a row was nothing but a thing, but these days I'm feeling like death warmed over when I leave the hellhole after my last night. Ugh.

However, John and I tried out a new Mexican restaurant right down the road for an early dinner tonight. We've now found a new favorite place to go for food done right, fast and inexpensive. OMG -- mushroom and cheese fajitas with guacamole has never tasted so good! I'm not ashamed to admit that I have a crush on our server either -- Manuel.

Now I've got the rest of the evening to get my poor feet back into shape with a soak. Along with a good book, the rain, and a chilled beer -- life is good once again... Hell, maybe I can actually finish the Victoria Alexander book tonight.

No comments: