Friday, May 15, 2009

One Book At A Time...

I've been kicking ass and taking names this week in my reading. I'm actually finishing up my second book of the week, SUSPECT by Jasmine Cresswell, after finishing HIGHLAND SCANDAL by Julia London earlier in the week. Go, Team Amy! Then I think it's on to my book for this month's TBR challenge, COURTING MISS HATTIE by Pamela Morsi, unless I get sidetracked and want to read more gore...

My review for HS will have to be written and turned in this weekend, but hey, at least I can start on my next review book, THE JEWEL BOX by Anna Davis, that's not due until June. I'd read THE SHOE QUEEN last year for review and absolutely adored it. I'd post that review, but can't seem to find it over at RRT.


So, ultimately, did I like HIGHLAND SCANDAL? I'd mentioned earlier in the week that I was having trouble with it, but it all ended up working out for me. Granted, bucolic Scotland is not always my favorite setting for historical romances, but I honestly think I was bogged down otherwise mentally, with too much going on in real life. Why is it that when I'm on vacation, that's when my family starts to act up? My mom's been in and out of the hospital again in the past couple of weeks (thank God not heart-related, instead this time, it's hip pain), so my mind's been wandering.

Alright, I've got a date with my book, the bed, and cuddling with Baron and John. Have an awesome weekend!

No comments: